Sunday, July 28, 2019

Maadhumita's home in Singapore

I know, i shall fall short of words while describing this home, which belongs to Maadhumita, but i comfort myself, that indeed, the beautiful images  need no explanation!

Maadhumita's home boasts of a global appeal with its aesthetics deeply rooted in our Indian culture. Everything seamlessly falls into place.This is something I loved about her home. There is a perfect balance of comfort and style that makes the decor seem simple yet sophisticated! Every corner is well thought of in detail but it still doesn't seem to be decorated just for the sake of it!

Over to Maadhumita now...

"We have been living in Singapore for more than three decades now. This house has been our home for the last six years. It has three bedrooms overlooking a swimming pool and has a large living and dining area. The two balconies are small and but they nurture my plants.
You will notice I prefer white or pastel shades for my walls or furniture. The colours in the rooms come from the paintings, cushions, flowers, plants, and the carpets."


Adding depth into decor thru the textiles, wall frames n accessories


Love that dose of bright pink...
Little, pretty stuff that makes the dining area
 "I grew up watching my mother maintaining and embellishing a beautifully decorated home. There were always fresh flowers and a variety of plants that left a huge impression on me. I love antique furniture and artifacts. I still scout around for ancient items."


In love with those black n white frames

The hexagonal table with a marble top is an antique piece picked  up from a narrow congested bylane selling old items in Kolkata.



  Even simple things such as these door stoppers which have been stuck on the side of a bookcase add to the vibrancy of the home.



That Maadhumita loves antique pieces and she carries a charm of effortlessly working around them is evident from this image which houses her Chinese rice container and a lamp which are very old and are her prized possessions. The brass planter paan dan belonged to her grandmother and she says, it must have come down to her from the 19th century.


 She has used the rice container as a side table  and the ancient lamp and paan-daan atop that. It makes for a wonderful sight! Isnt it?



Simple Indian folk-art, nothing expensive used in her decoration
She goes onto mention, ' I even have a few Picasso prints picked up from one of my trips which hang in the guest bathroom. I used simple IKEA frames for them. We, meaning my husband, my daughter and I usually buy works of unknown artists. 
My husband and my daughter are the artists in the family. They speak through their films, art and writings. I have some of my daughter’s works on the walls. I am the one who just sits back and enjoys their work.'



Moving on to her bedrooms...

Bedrooms are also in muted and pastel shades. The master bedroom is mostly in black and white but the colour is from a Kandinsky print that they picked up in Amsterdam.







Her daughter's room...



 Guest bedroom... And these botanicals have been done by Maadhumita herself.





The kitchen, where she feels she doesn't have any set rules. I adored those quotes which add a quirk to the whole set up. It lends visual appeal to the space. Every corner is made interesting, just with the addition of kitchen essentials.






One day, Maadhumita plans to return to India and is currently trying to finish doing up her home in Kolkatta. And when that happens, it will be equally interesting to feature her home once again!

Thanks Maadhumita for being willing to be a part of my journey. Hope all of you enjoyed the house tour as much as I loved presenting it to you all.

For more such eye candy  images, you can hop over to her Instagram  handle.

More posts coming up soon, meanwhile also stay abreast with all happenings in Sajavat thru the Instagram page here

2 comments:

Jaya Prentice said...


I read your blog on daily basis. This is really great and informative post. Thanks for sharing.
href="https://renopedia.sg/" title "Resort Interior Design singapore">Resort Interior Design singapore

Amit Pal said...

"Right Design and Right Ideas matter a lot of in Interior #Design.
All we need is to find the right choice.
Insta Walls comes with 24 variants of #3D Foam Wall Claddings. So you can choose your perfect wall cladding and give your walls a perfect look."
What are you waiting for?
Check here:- https://econaur.com/store/instabuild/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...