Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Home tour: Shalini Jain of Creative kalakari



We have Shalini Jain today with us and we are going to take a tour of her home.  She is a digital marketer expert by profession in a reputed real estate company in Gurugram for the last 11 years.
Shalini and her family reside in Faridabad, in what she calls her ‘Dream Home’ You will soon notice that she is very creative and hosts a hashtag by the name  #creativekalakari on instagram. She attributes her creative skills to her mother who practiced sewing and embroidery. The painting and sketching classes that she took up as a hobby in her childhood and the creative genes passed on to her by her mom  has shaped her into the person that she is today!

Her house is a riot of colours. In her words…



My home is my canvas and I am obsessed with colors so you shall notice that I have incorporated all colours in my home!   I love to take up DIY’s.  So much passion, warmth & love go into each piece I create, and that gives me extreme satisfaction! I love the fact that many of my artworks are part of my décor.”





I am fond of vibrant cushions & I think one can easily give new look in their space simply by inclusion of beautiful cushions covers & beautiful bedspreads. I really check cushions online & try to select the unique & vibrant cushions for my home.



This wired seater is from her mom in law’s collection. Shalini is only too happy that she didn’t give it off but has used it well in her guest room.




Shalini has used stenciling on her walls in the living room and is happy with her choice of colours. Bright pink walls with pretty motifs and another wall in a lighter shade has these paisley motif that is real eye catchy!

Time to catch a glimpse of all her DIY’s. I really loved the way she has transformed old bottles and given them a new look. ‘Trash to treasure’ is what I would like to call it ideally!




Another noticeable art are these wall art in her kitchen. 






Some images from her bedroom…



Shalini says, “Go Green to Breathe Clean” Have a look at her indoor plants collection.





To sum it all up she says,
“My career is not from art field, but crafting, decorating, reading about art, designing & decorating gives me inner happiness. For me art is a real stress buster. So recently, I have launched my own website.” 

Have a look … 


It was wonderful collaborating with you Shalini. Thanks for being a part of sajavat. Simultaneously, Shalini also has covered my home in her blog. Do take out  time, to check that on her site as well!

2 comments:

creative kalakarii said...

Thanks Sangitha Ji for featurin my home into your blog! Happy Women's Day!!

Have a look on my blog: http://www.creativekalakari.in

Unknown said...

Beautiful home😍😍❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...