Monday, September 8, 2014

Pottery town Bangalore

There is a small town called Potter's town near Bangalore East Railway station. Many years back the name suited the place, since all that people from that particular area did for their livelihood was making pottery.

I had heard a lot about this place since the time we moved to Bangalore.So one fine Sunday afternoon,  we just set out for this quaint little town. And no I was not disappointed, although there were only a few shops which engages in pottery now.

All the green thumb enthusiast will agree that pots and plants go together. So here you can find a collection of pots of various shapes and sizes.

Look at the images and you will be tempted to visit the place for once at least. Don't go there with too much of expectation, but I assure you, will find a decent collection.

Also, children are best left at home. Go there with a friend, chit- chatting. Spend some time there with the potters.They are also happy to show you their working skills on the potters wheel.





(Image courtesy: Pinterest)












(Image 3,4,5  my collection from the potter's town)

What do you feel? Worth a visit na... Spot the small uruli in the last pic, I bought three of them , solely with the purpose of keeping them in the bathrooms...water plants and  potpourri arrangement will add on to the charm of the small uruli shaped pot.


They have helped in adding some character to my balcony. You also need not plant in all the pots. Group them together and they act as decor enhancer.

Let me know your opinion after visiting! 

10 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vasudha Somayaji said...

I too have heard about this.. I desperately want few hanging terracotta pots. I could not get in any near by places I live except for the plastic ones...

Unknown said...

Nice .... nice place where u get all kinds of terracotta products..

Sangitha Aanand said...

Thanks Vasudha and Arru.

Arconex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vasudha H said...

These look lovely!:) Do you know if someone holds pottery classes there? Or anywhere around Indiranagar or MG road in Bangalore?

Kabir said...





Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again



Harry Potter Phone Covers

Style Baby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Style Baby said...

It's really worthy to visit this blog and post. Even in my native place also had like this entire street. But now only 4 shops are there on that street. I am felt too bad. Any way thanks for sharing post and remember my childhood.

Sameera.
Mobile Covers Designer.

Unknown said...

Really nice pots. All these r available in pottery town is it. Can go on a Sunday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...