Thursday, July 21, 2016

Sanjivani

Today's post is on pebble /rock painting.Sometimes it is quite challenging to decide on the subject that you would choose to paint on a rock.Of course we do have endless possibilities.It can be a doodle, a graphic representation or based on the shape of the rock one can choose the subject to paint.
Now you might wonder why the subject Sanjivani for a post on rock painting. we will soon come to that.

Very recently stumbled upon a rock.It was actually my daughter, who saw this piece and pointed me towards it.By now my family is quite aware of my fondness for rocks,pebbles,twigs and the like.
So it was a good one and I took it immediately.




After pondering for sometime on what I should do with it, I chose to do this.I already had this painted lady rock with me( I gave her a slight makeover for this post) and now on the recent treasure that I picked up, I painted a tree.Not an ordinary one.A Sanjivani. Since I want to pair both of them together, this is the way to be! What do you think?



Don't you think a tree for our nature and the ladies in our home are our sanjivani. A sanjivani is said to possess the power to revive even the dead.That's why we say ...Mother Nature. such an apt name.( Mother & Nature go hand in hand)

Some more of my painted stone collection.Have a dekko. And this is the perfect way to spend an afternoon, infact a rainy afternoon... tea/coffee, some munchies, may be even your favourite music.So take out your paints and collected rocks and give a  facelift to your balcony too! Hope you are enjoying the monsoons and my post.Stay tuned folks.






9 comments:

Sapna said...


Very well written sangitha. Loved the sanjivani concept.

Sharon said...

Love the owl n the lady Sangitha. You are soooo talented lady!!

Sangitha Aanand said...

Thanks Sapna. I must not take complete credit for the sanjivani concept.Saw this tree painted separately somewhere with the caption of 'Sanjivani'.But yes, the thought that the lady of every home is also a sanjivani to the society is definitely mine!

Sangitha Aanand said...

Thanks much Sharon.Appreciate your stopping by to comment!

Ranjana's craft blog said...

The painted stones look very cute.
And whatever you have written about mother nature is absolutely true!

Vasudha Somayaji said...

Ooo the owl is so cute Sangeeta.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog ..this sanjivini concept that was great and it also useful as interiors while we decorating the home.

meg said...

cute paintings and great thought behind it... nice!

Sangitha Aanand said...

Thanks so much everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...