Friday, June 11, 2021

Jack fruit jam ( chakka varratti)

This post is going to be the first of its kind in my blog, solely because iam going to share the recipe of making jackfruit jam.

Now, this jam is my favorite and I always thought that it is some kind of an herculean task  to make it. Only when I tried it myself I understood its not at all difficult . Ofcourse I made a very small batch but taste was just too yumm! 

Now, as to why am I sharing this here more so when this blog is more about homes and green spaces. Well after it was made , I bottled it and kept it on my shelf . That scene warmed me up. Would you like to see how it added to the decor quotient? Scroll down to the bottom. But yes before that,  read the recipe.

Remove all the flesh from the jackfruit. Pressure cook them for about 2 whistles.  Mash it well. You can make a pulp of the jackfruit in the mixer. Now take equal and a little more quantity of powdered jaggery than the jackfruit . Mix and cook them well in a heavy bottomed pan. Add about 2 tbsp ghee  and cook till the mixture leaves the sides and the required consistency is achieved. Well, there you have your jam ready!

I used about 10 to 15 numbers of jackfruit flesh here. Accordingly you can adjust the amount of ghee. Isn't this an easy one?





So this was the image, I was referring to! 

Does it do justice to the decor part of the blog? Hope so! 😉

Have you been following me on my Instagram journey ? If not, here is the link for all of you to join me there.

Till I come up with another post, you all take care and stay safe. 

"Life is made of many ordinary moments, cherish each and make them memories of a lifetime!"



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...